Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Post #7: Professional Learning Network

Reflections on the Professional Learning Network
Nov. 25, 2014

While the RSS feeds were my focus early in the course with regards to professional learning networks, I've also started to shift my focus to how Twitter can be a huge benefit to professional development.

One of the Cal Poly Pomona Public Affairs' staff members wrote a story that we shared on BroncoAthletics.com and because of that collaboration, that same staff member invited me to be the first 2014-15 presenter at the regular Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) meeting on campus.

I enjoyed sharing best practices and career development ideas with the students at the meeting. They also asked plenty of great questions about my career in athletics and public relations. I gained several Twitter followers and the @PRSSAatCPP account even provided an infographic recap of the points I made at the presenation.


Obviously Twitter is a great resource for news and other headlines. As I've especially learned through this quarter, it's also a tremendous tool to connect with colleagues and share best practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment