Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

Journal #6: Self Reflection in GED 512

Through my time learning and working with web development and content management, I've always been tentative working with HTML and CSS coding. While working in college athletics and handling team publicity, I've primarily relied on the content management software provided for our department.

Thanks to the progression of the assignments in GED 512, I've become more comfortable with the fundamentals of HTML and CSS. I've always focused on the design and aesthetics of a site, and that helps me realize the importance and usefulness of CSS to set a structure and layout that's easy for a user to look at.

In terms of the hardest and most rewarding assignments so far, I think those two would be separate assignments. The hardest assignment was working with the tables (http://www.csupomona.edu/~ialber/512/table.html) because I'm accustomed to the easy content management software that enables me to create tables quickly.

For the most rewarding assignment, I thought that the form creation was very neat (http://www.csupomona.edu/~ialber/512/exercise92.html). Forms are obviously a very important and useful part of a web site... and I didn't realize how easy it could be to structure a form with different options (radio, check box, etc.).

- Ivan Alber

No comments:

Post a Comment